Thursday, March 19, 2020

The power of belief can be enough to pull you through

I am bored like everyone else in this world wide quarantine....  I'm a regular at social distancing though just for my peace of mind. I can't wait for it to be over so things just get back to normal already. In the meantime all this extra time at home won't go to waste. I'm meditating daily, working and getting alot of things done I've been putting off for ages. Before this pandemic started I was feeling really burned out with work and was struggling to stay motivated. I was looking for a new jolt of energy to be excited and inspired again. Nothing jumpstarts my creativity and passion for my goals like the state of emergency!

Some of us fold when we are anxious and scared, but for those of us who have had to over come states of despair and emergencies through out their life this is just another day to think strategically and be crafty. Long before this pandemic the rules of life has always been the same... Only the strong will survive.

Many people are fixed to their tv screens and are so consumed by fear they aren't even seeing that we as individuals still hold all the cards. There is a elderly man I think he's in his 80s with bad health from the first corona cruise ship to be quarantined making a full recovery. The doctors thought he would die, his wife thought he would die but he stated in his interview he was determined to live no matter what. He noticed that all the others that did not make it was on respirators so he refused to take one and resorted to breathing excercises to strengthen his lungs and he pulled through like a champ. We have to stand firm even in the face of our own immortality sometimes and and let it know not today Boo!

I personally believe that the power in us all is in our belief in hope and that we can persevere. I've been in some dark places in my life but somewhere off in the distance even when I couldn't see it hope lived within me and has always pulled me through. Placebos work because we think that they will and when we belief that we are strong and capable we work better too. For those of you that are in a panic out there today I urge you to look for ways to calm your mind and find your strength. Try meditation and or prayer and be greatful for the simple and beautiful things still around us. Most of us are quarantined in family units or groups of friends so really enjoy your time with your loved ones and avoid wasting that valuable time worried in front of a television. If you notice people in your group that are anxious or scared talk about it together and build each other up so that your unit is strong. I wish you all the best of luck and I pray we all make it even though reality is clear that not all of us will.  We have to be strong to prevent our children from being scared and we have to be strong to pick up the pieces and heal those who will experience loss.