Tuesday, October 22, 2019

I am a Woman and I am Proud

Classy. As a noun is defined by the Merriam Webster dictionary to mean.
: having or showing class. elegant, stylish.
: having or reflecting high standards of personal behavior. 
It derives from the word class. 
: A group sharing the same economic or social rank, especially high social rank.
Historically it's a word of division built to separate us all by our economic status. In a nut shell, it's a table for the wealthy and higher class to tell the rest of us we aren't suitable enough to share a table or space with. What is considered valuable by the wealthy has set the stage for everyone from what we eat, where we live and what we wear. When the British set eyes on the Africans and the native Americans that wore little clothing because of their hot climates they called them savages. They considered their gyrating bodies and melanin skin to be overtly sexual in nature because we didn't look like them or dress like them. Scantily clad clothing or nudity became classless because it was looked down upon by the wealthy from a colder climate. 
    When I was in the 2nd grade I was the only girl in my class who required a bra. Grown adult men looked at me like I was a piece of meat. They didn't care that I was just a little girl. I was so scared I taped my breast down and dressed like a boy until I was 12 years old. I used to want to be a boy just so I wouldn't feel uncomfortable under the gaze of men. Still to this day I talk to my husband regularly about the things I would do if I was a man because it's still so unsafe to be a woman or a child in this world. I'm never going to be a man. I was born a girl and I've grown into a woman and I intend to celebrate it. I'm fearless in my skin and I own every grain of my femininity. I'm not interested in sitting at anybody's table because I'm in a class of my own. I'm not going to hide myself because men have been sexualizing me since I was an 8-year-old girl! The very first time a man kissed me on the mouth and put his hand up my shorts I was 8 years old. He was in his 50s and the minister of the church I attended during summer vacation. I was so scared after I escaped the bathroom he closed me in and I told my mom what happened and she tried to kill him right in front of God and everybody. And get this! Everyone took that man's side because he was the minister of the Church. Years later when I was 17 my Stepdad told my mom that the minister had gone to jail for getting his daughter and granddaughter pregnant and was connected to many other sexual assaults of young girls in the church.
  I have lived the proof of no matter what you wear, look like or your age will deter men from seeing you as an object. It's a problem for all women. Some of us cover up because we were taught its "classy" and the way women should be. If that works for you Kudos my sister as long as you are being true to your character. Some are told, " If you aren't selling don't advertise!" My Granny used to say that all the time. I'm not selling and the first person I consider when entertaining is myself in all things that I do. If I don't like it you won't even get to see it. I am declaring my body as my own and I'm proud to be a woman in my body and proud of my feminine sexuality just like any man would be. I have come a very long way from being dissatisfied with who I am and I'm finally loving this life God has blessed me with and the body he put me in. I'm not guilty of being sexy in fact I quite enjoy it, and not because of anyone's confirmation rather I am sexy or not. It's the way I feel looking at myself as a woman and feeling delicately pretty in my sensuality and powerful because of it. I'm not a possession of my husband's, and not someone my father owns to give away. I came into this world whole despite what religion and other people have been trying to get me to think about myself. I have no intention to change anyone's mind about what they should do or how they should present themselves. My advice stays the same... Just do you Boo! I don't care if you feel beautiful in your delicate modesty or dropping it low in a g string like a wild woman. A delicate woman in her modesty is a feminine superpower. She is a hidden predator but I assure you she's dazzling and trapping prey. A woman who wears her sexuality on her sleeve is a warrior with her feminine superpower. Just riding in sexy as hell hypnotizing prey and cutting off crowds of heads that turn and then collecting them. It's all a matter of strategy in how we work our womanly wilds and resonate in our sexual energy. Both are still women with a superpower. All superpowers come with great responsibility and a weakness that would try to make us victims of men due to our magnetism. Women are beautiful and it's always gonna be dangerous to be beautiful. I'm grateful that I live in a place in the world that it's uncommon that my family would sell me into sex trafficking for food or circumcise me to tame my sexuality for a future husband. A place where I am not completely safe but that I have the right to choose who I marry, what I can wear safely and an opportunity for educating myself as well as any man. Not all of us are so lucky. there are still women out there fighting to be treated equally. I intend to exercise every right I have and live as I choose loud and free of any oppression that someone thinks and feels would be better for me because I'm a woman.